Specialty Insurance Coverages for
Dance Schools and Studios
As a performing art, dance allows students both young and old to express their emotions through body movement. Participation can provide physical fitness, discipline and entertainment… but can also result in accident and injury. Many families have little or no medical insurance, and those who have coverage may be required to meet large deductibles before their insurance pays any benefits. In addition, studio owners run the risk of personal exposure to lawsuits through a participant’s injury claim and liability insurance requirements mandated by lenders or landlords.
This Specialty Insurance Program for Dance Schools and Studios is designed to help eliminate the financial and emotional burden one can incur as a result of a lawsuit or participant injury claim. Accident and liability insurance coverage is offered as a standard product with optional coverages also available such as equipment, hired and non-owned automobiles and additional higher liability insurance limits.
The Accident Coverage
(Pays the medical bills of an injured student or staff member)
Medical Expense Benefit
If the Covered Person incurs eligible expenses as the direct result of a covered injury and independent of all other causes, the Company will pay the charges incurred for such expense within 365 days, beginning on the date of accident. Payment will be made for eligible expenses in excess of the applicable $100 Deductible Amount, not to exceed the Maximum Medical Benefit.
The first such expense must be incurred within 90 days after the date of the accident.
"Eligible expense" means charges for the following necessary treatment and service, not to exceed the usual and customary charges in the area where provided.
- Medical and surgical care by a physician
- Radiology (X-rays)
- Prescription drugs and medicines
- Dental treatment of sound natural teeth
- Hospital care and service in semiprivate accommodations, or as an outpatient
- Ambulance service from the scene of the accident to the nearest hospital
- Orthopedic appliances necessary to promote healing
Excess coverage: This plan does not cover treatment or service for which benefits are payable or service is available under any other insurance or medical service plan available to the Covered Person.
Accidental Death and Dismemberment Benefit
Principal Sum is $100,000 with a $500,000 aggregate. If a covered injury results in any of the losses specified below within 365 days of the date of the accident, the Company will pay the applicable amount:
- Full Principal Sum for loss of life, double dismemberment or quadriplegia
- Full Principal Sum for loss of sight, loss of hearing, or loss of speech that is irrecoverable by natural, surgical or artificial means.
- 50% of the Principal Sum for loss of one arm, one leg, one hand, or one foot. Loss of hand or foot means complete severance above the wrist or ankle joint. Loss of eye means the total, permanent loss of sight.
- 50% of the Principal Sum for paraplegia or hemiplegia
- 50% of the Principal Sum as a monthly benefit for Coma
- 25% of the Principal Sum for loss of index finger and thumb of same hand or four fingers of the same hand
We will not pay more than the Principal Sum for this benefit for all losses due to the same accident.
The Liability Coverage
General Liability Coverage starting at $1,000,000/$1,000,000
Professional Liability Coverage starting at $1,000,000/$1,000,000
Abuse or Molestation starting at $100,000/$300,000
Who Is Covered
This $1,000,000 occurrence form general liability program provides protection for your Dance Studio, owners, directors, instructors, and employees against claims of bodily injury liability, property damage liability, personal and advertising injury liability, and the litigation costs to defend against such claims. There is no deductible amount for this coverage. Coverage is offered through the Sports and Recreation Providers Purchasing Group, pursuant to the Federal Risk Retention Act of 1986.
Coverage includes suits arising out of:
- Injury or death of participants
- Injury or death of spectators
- Injury or death of volunteers
- Property damage liability
- Host liquor liability (nonprofit)
- General negligence claims
- All activities necessary or incidental to conduct of activities
- Cost of investigation and defense of claims, even if groundless
- Ownership, use, or maintenance of gyms, fields, or practice areas
- Professional liability (involves specialized education, knowledge, labor, judgment and skill that is predominantly mental or intellectual)
Additional Insured parties may be added at no charge (not including independent contractors).
The combined Accident and Liability premium rate begins at:
$5.05 Per Person Per Year (minimum premium $498.00)
Staff members are included for no extra charge. Please note that independent contractors are not considered staff, however they may be added for an additional premium under optional coverages.
Note: Certain exclusions and limitations may be modified to meet individual state requirements. Rates and minimum premium may be higher in certain coverage states.
Please note that a $150.00 Administrative Fee will be added to all orders. A 3% Credit Card Processing Fee will be added to all non-financed credit card orders. Credit Card Fee does not apply in FL.
The Optional Coverages
Independent contractors working at your studio can be added as additional insured to cover them while they are instructing at your facility only.
This Inland Marine insurance product provides coverage for your equipment and contents up to the specified limit. Equipment coverage (optional) is provided by Atlantic Specialty Insurance Company, "A" (Excellent) rated by A.M. Best Company.
Hired and Non-Owned Automobile Liability Coverage
This liability coverage provides protection for rented, borrowed and other non-owned vehicles driven on dance school or studio business.
Excess Liability Coverage
This coverage provides additional liability limits increasing the liability coverage per each occurrence.
This option increases the aggregate limit of liability insurance from $1,000,000 to larger amounts.
$1,000,000 Abuse or Molestation
Liability coverage is provided for claims arising out of alleged abuse or molestation as well as alleged physical and non-physical abuse (verbal, mental or emotional abuse).
$10,000 Medical Expense Benefit
This coverage will reimburse an injured spectator or guest for medical and/or funeral expenses incurred as a result of bodily injury or death, regardless of whether you are liable or not.
Premium Financing Company
Insurance Premium Financing is provided by Imperial PFS.